Last Update: 2022-07-13
July 13th, 2022
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
July 5th, 2022 (Initial Update)
- Fix signal interruption issue when flying the drone near the remote controller.
- Improve the signal strength and mitigate the signal interference issue.
How to update the firmware
1. Power on the aircraft and the remote controller, and wait for them to connect.
2. Download the firmware. Unzip and open the file. Open the firmware tool, upgrade_tools>
3. Connect your laptop WiFi to the remote controller's WiFi "SWP-xxxxxx".
|Red boxes indicate the laptop is not connected to the remote controller.||Green boxes indicate the laptop is connected to the remote controller.|
4. After the red boxes turn green, click "Select", then select the firmware "SD4_IT_xxxxxxxx_xx.xx.xx.bin".
⚠️ Do not check the "Save Config" box.
5. Click "Upload". The status will show "file uploading..." It takes about 1 minute to upload.
6. After the status shows "aircraft file upload success" and "remote file upload success", click "Upgrade". The status will show "upgrading, do not cut the power". It takes about 2 minutes to update. When the green boxes turn red, the remote controller's WiFi will disconnect. Wait for the Remote Controller's WiFi to show up again on your laptop's WiFi setting, then connect the Remote Controller's WiFi. The update is now finished.
⚠️ Do not turn off the aircraft or the remote controller during the process.
7. After the update, the aircraft and the remote controller won't connect automatically. Ensure to pair them after the update. Check here if you don't know how to pair.
Please be aware that after you update the image transmission firmware, you must follow the steps for the SN number ending since V02 to pair the aircraft and the remote controller, even if your SplashDrone's SN number is ending at V01.
Do I need to update the aircraft and the remote controller's image transmission firmware separately?
No. The image transmission firmware on both the aircraft and the remote controller is updated together. Just follow the steps once to update the firmware.